Re: [monit] Monit 5.0.2 question

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: [monit] Monit 5.0.2 question
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 23:11:18 +0200

Aleksander Kamenik wrote:
Martin Pala wrote:
2.) expand the $HOST in monitrc to FQDN hostname manually ... in mail-format{} statement simply set the "from:" option to FQDN address, the "set mailserver" option allows to specify the hostname which should be used in SMTP communication (message-id header and HELO/EHLO command) this way:
  set mailserver foo.bar.baz using hostname "my.monit.host"

This is not only about the mail messages. The m/monit interface should show the desired name too and the name would be set only in one place in the monitrc file. How about a "set name" directive? This name would then show up in m/monit and be used by default in the mail options and anywhere else.

Yes, good suggestion - we'll look on it.

Thanks,