Re: [monit] Can't use monit shell if ssl is enabled in httpd

From: Brad Gessler
Subject: Re: [monit] Can't use monit shell if ssl is enabled in httpd
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 16:52:19 -0500

Hi Jan,

I did some more intense digging in the docs only to find out I was sniffing in the wrong place. HTTPS wasn't the problem; rather, I had all of my passwords encrypted in the htpasswd file so command line monit couldn't find a password in monitrc to authenticate against the running monit.

I wrote up a blog post about it to give the problem some more Google juice at http://blog.bradgessler.com/rails-on-monit

Brad