Re: [monit] monit upgrade

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: [monit] monit upgrade
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 01:03:08 +0100

Monit uses it's pidfile to check whether the monit daemon is running already - if it is, then it will work only as CLI utility and will communicate with existing daemon via http interface (the combination of 5.0 client with 4.10.1 server may be OK). Only the daemon writes statefiles - the CLI utility won't overwrite statefile.

For upgrade you don't need to stop services ... just do:

 monit quit (it will stop current monit daemon)

and then start new version of monit. It will detect that the processes are running already and won't try to restart.