RE: [monit] monit not monitoring

From: Gilad Benjamini
Subject: RE: [monit] monit not monitoring
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 12:07:13 -0800

1. Standard pid configuration; check process XX with pidfile /var/run/XX.pid
3. No
5. 4.10.1

About question #2: I suspect that this might be related to the problem
I am not sure what the right terminology is, so I'll explain things in my
own words.
I start monit from an /etc/init.d script. The configuration file includes
the two files from /etc/monit.d, realizes that the pid file represents a
dead process, and starts it.
As recommended in the monit faq, I added 'monit stop all' before stopping
monit. A different place in the documentation leads me believe that stopping
a service turns it into an un-monitored service. Combine that with the fact
that some of my machines might have been powered off abruptly, and it might
be that monit somehow stuck in this situation.
Does this make any sense ?

If that's the case, I think I should modify that monit /etc/init.d script,
to run "monit start all" after monit starts.
Does THIS make sense ?

TIA
Gilad