[monit] bug in monit-4.10.1 (2 copies of same process run)

From: Nick Upson
Subject: [monit] bug in monit-4.10.1 (2 copies of same process run)
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2008 11:41:40 +0100

We seem to have found a bug in monit-4.10.1, after having applied the patch for #21989 "Monit waits for do_stop() to finish and then calls do_start() ...."

monit is controlling 2 processes, both require additional checks before they can run, which are made in their respective startup scripts, so the start can ligitimately be actioned but fail.

One theory is that a start is pending (as a stop issued earlier was ignored when it had not started) and then another start is issued, both get actioned and both run.

I have a testcase written by a collegue if someone would like to tell me where to send it