Re: [monit] monit keeps trying to start process

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: [monit] monit keeps trying to start process
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 23:32:45 +0200

Hi,

this should be fixed with monit 5.0, where we changed the start/stop machinery.

You can get the monit 5.0 beta here:
http://www.tildeslash.com/monit/download/

Thanks,
Martin

Nick Upson wrote:
using monit 4.10.1 on fedora 8, daemon set to 120 seconds
I have a problem with the following sequence of events, I issue "monit start all", then 20 seconds later I do "monit -g group1 stop all" if is quite possible for some of the processes in group1 to not have started by this point, or they may fail to start due to valid restrictions, monit ignores the stop command and keeps trying to start the processes at 120 second intervals. The behaviour I expected was for the stop command to cause monit to stop trying to start it, even when the current reported status is "Initialising". How can I achieve this please