[monit] Is this possible?

From: Dimitri Yioulos
Subject: [monit] Is this possible?
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 09:35:32 -0400

Hello, all.

I have a client who's running MySQL, and a couple of his database tables are
of the type HEAP (table contents are stored in memory).  Thus, if MySQL stops
for any reason, data in the HEAP tables are lost.  Fortunately, he has the
same data stored in non-HEAP tables.  He's asked me to come up with a way to
recreate data in the HEAP tables if MySQL is restarted.  I've created an SQL
script to do just that.  That was the easy part.

My problem is how to run my sript automatically should MySQL be restarted, and
that includes vbia a system restart.  Is there any way that monit could
handle the task?  If so, how?

Many thanks.

Dimitri

believed to be clean.