[monit] Monit False Positives

From: Art Age Software
Subject: [monit] Monit False Positives
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 17:41:32 -0700

I've been seeing a lot of false positives coming out of monit.
Generally, they come as a pair of  Checksum failed/Permission failed
for a file, which other files have a dependency on. So, a chain of
unmonitor actions occurs as a result. But when I check the file, the
permissions are just fine.

Here is an example:

-- current permission is 0000

# ls -l /etc/config.conf
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 862 Jul  9 23:40 /etc/config.conf

Does anybody know why monit would report the permissions are "0000"
when they are clearly 644?

Running monit version 4.10.1

Thanks.