[monit] Monit: Testing Alert path

From: Dave Paper
Subject: [monit] Monit: Testing Alert path
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 09:43:56 -0400

Greetings Monit Peeps,

I'm currently troubleshooting getting alerting via e-mail to work in monit, and I'm 100% sure it's the network/firewall/mailserver config that's the cause.

What I'm running into that's making this more difficult is that I have not been able to find a mechanism in Monit to trigger an alert message from the command line.

I'd like to be able to exercise the alert e-mail function ad hoc, not just when a trigger is fired off in a monit job config.

Is there  away to do this?

Thanks!

-dave

--
"The only contributions France has given to popular culture in the
last 50 years is Gerard Depardieu and that horny skunk." --SNL