Re: [monit] Install on CentOS 5

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: [monit] Install on CentOS 5
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 22:12:15 +0200

Please can you run monit in verbose mode (using -vI option) and provide output? We need to know what exactly happened.

Which monit version you use?

Thanks,
Martin

Hartman, Jerome wrote:
I have monit installed on CentOS 5 this is a secure web server and when I start the monitor my Apache service is started then after 5 attempts it stops with a message not monitored the service is running, how can I fix this, Please advice.

Here is my Apache statement

check process apache with pidfile /var/run/httpd.pid
   group www
   start program = "/etc/init.d/httpd start"
   stop program  = "/etc/init.d/httpd stop"
   if failed host localhost port 80 type tcp
   protocol HTTP request /monit/token then restart
   if failed host localhost port 443 type TCPSSL
   protocol HTTP request /monit/token  then restart
   if failed host localhost port 80 protocol HTTP then alert
if failed host localhost port 443 type tcpssl protocol HTTP then alert if 5 restarts within 5 cycles then timeout

Thank you,

**Jerome Hartman Sr.** <mailto:address@hidden>