Re: [monit] Compiling Monit on AIX 5.3

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: [monit] Compiling Monit on AIX 5.3
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 22:01:15 +0200

Thanks for report :)

It should be fixed in CVS now, you can get it here:
http://savannah.nongnu.org/cvs/?group=monit

... basically it's monit-5.0-beta1 with added fix for send() conflict with system send().

Unfortunately we don't have access to AIX platform so monit is not tested on it.

We test all releases on various linux distributions, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, NetBSD, Solaris and Mac OS X - none of these platform had problem with it.

Thanks,
Martin

Tony Gunia wrote:
Hi all,
I am having a rough time compiling monit-4.10.1 for AIX 5.3. I've installed bison, yacc, GCC, and am getting closer. Here's my configure info: ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/monit-4.10.1 \
            --without-resource \
            --without-ssl
Here's the final lines from the config run:
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: WARNING:  Makefile.in seems to ignore the --datarootdir setting
config.status: creating config.h
monit has been configured with the following options:
                Architecture: AIX
                 SSL support: disabled
         resource monitoring: disabled
               resource code: sysdep_UNKNOWN.c
         large files support: enabled
              Compiler flags: -g -O2 -Wall -D _REENTRANT
                Linker flags: -lpthread -lcrypt -lnsl  -lodm -lcfg
           pid file location: /etc

I had to change this in the Makefile:
CC              = gcc
LEX             = flex
YACC            = bison -y

To this to get it to start compiling:
CC              = gcc
LEX             = flex
YACC            = yacc

Here is what I'm now getting when running the make: protocols/smtp.c:37: error: conflicting types for 'send'
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:548: error: previous declaration of 'send' was here
make: *** [protocols/smtp.o] Error 1

So, could someone tell me what I am missing?  Also, any help with getting this
to work on AIX 5.3 would be appreciated.  I also tried the above using the
monit-5.0-beta1 with the same results.  Thanks!

Anthony
address@hidden