[monit] Compiling Monit on AIX 5.3

From: Tony Gunia
Subject: [monit] Compiling Monit on AIX 5.3
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 12:11:01 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

I am having a rough time compiling monit-4.10.1 for AIX 5.3.  I've installed
bison, yacc, GCC, and am getting closer.  Here's my configure info:

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/monit-4.10.1 \
            --without-resource \
            --without-ssl

Here's the final lines from the config run:
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: WARNING:  Makefile.in seems to ignore the --datarootdir setting
config.status: creating config.h
monit has been configured with the following options:
                Architecture: AIX
                 SSL support: disabled
         resource monitoring: disabled
               resource code: sysdep_UNKNOWN.c
         large files support: enabled
              Compiler flags: -g -O2 -Wall -D _REENTRANT
                Linker flags: -lpthread -lcrypt -lnsl  -lodm -lcfg
           pid file location: /etc

I had to change this in the Makefile:
CC              = gcc
LEX             = flex
YACC            = bison -y

To this to get it to start compiling:
CC              = gcc
LEX             = flex
YACC            = yacc

Here is what I'm now getting when running the make:

protocols/smtp.c:37: error: conflicting types for 'send'
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:548: error: previous declaration of 'send' was here
make: *** [protocols/smtp.o] Error 1

So, could someone tell me what I am missing?  Also, any help with getting this
to work on AIX 5.3 would be appreciated.  I also tried the above using the
monit-5.0-beta1 with the same results.  Thanks!

Anthony
address@hidden

Be a better friend, newshound, and