[monit] monit with init

From: Chetan Vaity
Subject: [monit] monit with init
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 23:28:13 +0530

Hello all,

We've been using monit for our systems and are quite happy with it.

There is one nagging problem. Let me know if anyone here has faced
something similar. I run monit from init. This is the inittab line:

mo:2345:respawn:/whatever/bin/monit -Ic /etc/monitrc

If monit is not running, I do "telinit q" expecting monit to start
properly. The monit process does start up - but does not create a
monit.pid file. It also does not do its job of starting all servers.

"monit summary" etc. says "monit daemon is not running"

Note that this is very difficult to reproduce and most of the times
"telinit q" does the job. But I would really like a foolproof way of
getting monit up.

Thanks,