[monit] Monit and NFS

From: Fred Newtz
Subject: [monit] Monit and NFS
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 13:25:25 -0500

Is there anyway to get monit to "check file" and if it is not available to try
to remount a NFS partition?  All of the examples I
see basically just "unmonitor" the file.  There doesn't seem to be any
scriptable action available to me to make it happen.

Just in case you were wondering, we have been having extended power outages and
when my machines come back up then the NFS file
server takes longer to boot up than the rest of the machines.  So my mail and
everything else is offline until I come in and
manually remount the NFS mounts.

Thanks,

Fred