Re: [monit] Monit HTTP blank screen

From: Adrian Nadeau
Subject: Re: [monit] Monit HTTP blank screen
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 21:17:43 -0400

Great, thanks again... pretty new to a lot of this stuff.  I have it working fine here now.

On 2/18/08, Jan-Henrik Haukeland <address@hidden> wrote:

On 18. feb.. 2008, at 23.08, Adrian Nadeau wrote:

Thanks, I've taken the steps you mentioned to ensure it only binded to localhost.

I'm very confused here though.  I have monit installed on a Server, physically residing somewhere else.  I want to be able to access it through my laptop to view the processes and other information.  Is this possible from a laptop that has a dynamic IP address?  If I have it setup to only use localhost I don't see how I can connect to it from another system.  Maybe I am missing something.  Any assistance would be great.  Thanks again!

ssh tunneling is your friend: ssh -L 2812:localhost:2812 user@216.154.215.104

Now, point your browser to http://localhost:2812/