Re: [monit] Can I use monit to monitor file/directory removal?

From: David Campbell
Subject: Re: [monit] Can I use monit to monitor file/directory removal?
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 09:02:49 +0000

Nguyen Manh Cuong wrote:
Hello list members,

I am falling into a big problem which is the FTP service in my server randomly stops working due to the /var/run/proftpd directory becomes deleted somehow. The workaround is to run this command via SSH:

sudo mkdir /var/run/proftpd

After recreating the directory, FTP will start working again.

So I need an utility to monitor the removal of that directory and if the directory does not exist at al the utility will automatically recreate it. Can monit do so? If it does, please tell me how to do as I have read the monit manual thoroughly but not found a solution.

Thank you for your support.

Shouldn't you like fix the process that is deleting important files from your file system?

Just a thought

Dave