Re: [monit] Regex match functionality.

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: [monit] Regex match functionality.
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 23:22:02 +0200

It is not possible to group the matching lines in one cycle and map it to one action now.

I have added the concept here:
http://www.tildeslash.com/monit/doc/next.php#39

Patches are welcomed if anybody want to help (and be famous via the monit contributors list :)

Martin

Dominic M wrote:
I have monit scanning files that can possibly spew a bit of cruft, such as /var/log/messages

When something like tomcat gets bounced, it can add up to 30 lines of text on some of my servers. Monit is sending one alert per-line within the cycle duration. Is there a way for it to simply send one e-mail will all regexp matched or (or in the case of me using an exclude file) not matched.

This is my conf:

check file messages with path /var/log/messages
   ignore match /etc/monit.d/messages.ignore.cfg
   if match .* then alert

I'm sure there has to be a way for it to just concatenate all matching lines and then send that off once per cycle?

--
-Dominic M.
:wq