Starting (just) a specific group in daemon mode at startup

From: Alex Stewart
Subject: Starting (just) a specific group in daemon mode at startup
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2007 18:44:29 -0400

Dear All,

I'm having some problems having monit start *just* a specific group
(i.e. not all of the groups described in the monitrc and associated
include files) at startup in addition to starting in daemon mode.

My understanding from the documentation is that if any 'action
arguments' are specified then monit will exit *without* making itself
a daemon (regardless of the -d option/monitrc file), hence something
like:

monit -d 5 -c /usr/local/monit/monitrc -g local start all

Results in monit starting the services in group local and then exiting
(which I checked is indeed what happens).  Unfortunately the
suggestion in the 'Monit with Heartbeat' section of the documentation
(/usr/local/bin/monit -d 10 -c /etc/monitrc -g local) doesn't work for
me either - monit just starts up *all* groups defined in the monitrc
and associated include files.

Can anyone please tell me how to do this?

-Alex