Re: set mailserver to POP

From: Alfredo Deza
Subject: Re: set mailserver to POP
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2007 03:17:14 -0400

On 8/31/07, Aleksander Kamenik <address@hidden> wrote:
Alfredo Deza wrote:

> I tried to use the smtp server but, it gives me an error saying that
> monit couldnt resolve.

Couldn't resolve probably means that it wasn't able to translate the
name (like smtp.domain.com) to an IP address (like 123.123.123.123).
Either set the IP address of the smtp server instead of the name or fix
your DNS settings.

There should be a line like this in the file "/etc/resolv.conf":

nameserver 192.168.0.1

The IP should of course point to a real nameserver that let's you do
recursive queries.

Aleksander Kamenik
system administrator
+372 6659 649