Re: monit alerts

From: Jovan Kostovski
Subject: Re: monit alerts
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 13:06:14 +0200

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the reply.

What I basically need is to configure monit to send traps whenever
an event occurs. Practically I want all the messages (or just errors)
that are logged in the monit log file to be sent to the SNMP manager.

As far as I see, the only way to make this work is to use
IF <TEST> THEN EXEC "script"
constructor which must be placed in
CHECK <file>, <process>
block. Is this right?

Is it possible to set a global rule whenever an event or error occurs
(start, stop, failed...).
Execute
IF <TEST> THEN EXEC "script"
but not specifically for a service, some sort of process independent
global alert.
How can I do that?

BR, Jovan