Re: monit alerts

From: monit user
Subject: Re: monit alerts
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 15:12:32 -0700

Jovan Kostovski wrote:
Hi Martin,

Thanks for the reply.

What I basically need is to configure monit to send traps whenever
an event occurs. Practically I want all the messages (or just errors)
that are logged in the monit log file to be sent to the SNMP manager.

It seems like you could use the global "set alert..." to send an email to an account that has a procmail script to parse the details out of the email and send run the snmp command.

Or a log watcher to pull log entries from the monit log and do the same thing?