Re: ok, loosing patience here, is monit supposed to make my life easier

From: Aleksander
Subject: Re: ok, loosing patience here, is monit supposed to make my life easier ?
Date: Mon, 07 May 2007 10:30:50 +0300

andrew.taylor wrote:
An poof, I get a bunch of "execution failed" status's, even though the fricken process is running.

Do a unmonitor and then monitor again on 'mongrel_8001'. If this fixes it, status is (running), then this basically means that during a restart monit failed to see the process for some reason and gave up. Also, wait for at least a cycle after the monitor command before you check the status.

I have seen this a few times, usually it's caused by human intervention :).

If it won't detect the process as OK/running, then you have a configuration problem. I'd guess PID file too.

Alex