Re: monit php frontend

From: Georges Toth
Subject: Re: monit php frontend
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 00:31:15 +0200

> on this subject: does monit use tcpwrappers? i.e. could I allow :2812
> for a specific ip from /etc/hosts.allow simply?

you can simply put some allow lines in the monitrc
which has the same effect AFAIK.

> currently I'm binding to the loopback only, which is safe + easy - it
> would be VERY nice to have a central url where I could to to see the
> status of all my boxen, but I won't do it if I can't do it securely +
> conveniently :)

set some allow lines, including username + password
enable ssl, and you should be fairly safe

or instead of the username/password combo use client ssl certificates if monit
already supports that ? (not sure on that one)

--

regards,
Georges Toth