Re: Re[2]: postgresql test

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: Re[2]: postgresql test
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 20:51:32 +0100

On 19. jan. 2006, at 17.28, address@hidden wrote:

Yes! finally I made it,
as Jan-Henrik's suggestion, in "standard" monit way without libpq link. Now monit with PGSQL is working perfect on my box, with either socket or
port, no warning log "polutions" at all in system log nor pg_log!

Well done!

Here at my HomePage is the diff (steaming hot) from monit-4.7 souce;
http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~aa4t-nngk/codes/monit-4.7-pgsql.diff

I'll certainly check it out and see if we can include it in monit.

In writing that pgsql.c I chose to test `root' database owned by `root'
because monit is usually run by root. Though Authentication Error
Message from PostgreSQL, which means such database or user does
not exist, is handled as functional SUCCESS,

That sounds reasonable.

--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Mobil +47 97141255