Re: 4.7-beta1: monit <command> <service> does not work

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: 4.7-beta1: monit <command> <service> does not work
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 14:42:14 +0100

metaworx lists wrote:
hi

after installing 4.7-beta1 we where not able to send monit any command
using the monit binary.

I'm not able to reproduce it - pleae can you send?:

- your monit configuration

- output from command sending attempt with -v option (debug mode)

- log from monit daemon running in verbose mode for the command sending timeframe

- strace of command sending attempt

exit code is allways 0.

Exit code in monit is currently always 0 (regardless of possible error).

... and i can do any command i like from the webinterface.

Monit command sending works on client-server basis in the case that monit daemon is running. In the case that the webinterface works, CLI should as well ... strace or tcpdump will help to see what happens

can any one reproduce this?

I tried to reproduce it, but it works on all my servers ... i can try to replicate your configuration

Thanks :)