Bug on status notifications

From: Don Parker
Subject: Bug on status notifications
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 17:32:43 -0500

Using 4.6:

P1:
I have 4 processes I am monitoring, and each has a rule similar to:

        If failed port 1234 with timeout 15 seconds for 3 times within 5
cycles then restart

The rules are identical for the 4 processes except for the ports used.

When I look at them through the web server I see that 2 of them have
augmented the rule I placed in the rc file with " else if passed 1 times
within 1 cycle(s) then alert " which is creating a lot of records in my
log I do not want to see. I have no idea where this came from - it is
not in my rc file.

P2:
I have set up logging to a file rather than to use syslog, and I launch
Monit through "integration with init".  I see all entries being sent to
the log also being echoed on tty1.  Not a big deal, but not expected
either.