How can I: prevent monitoring of services if another service failed?

From: Alex Black
Subject: How can I: prevent monitoring of services if another service failed?
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 15:07:34 -0400

I want monit to run the tests with dependencies, e.g. if the first test fails, don't run the second.  I have one test that test for general connectivity.  If that fails, I don't want monit to bother trying to reach other hosts, cause I know they'll fail.

Is there any way to do this?  I tried the depends feature, but it doesn't seem to have any effect in this area, from the manual I gather it is for starting/stopping services in order, not for testing dependencies.

If this feature doesn't exist, could it be added?

thanks

- Alex