Re: Question regarding cycles

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: Question regarding cycles
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 20:28:04 +0200

This functionality is new and only available in the 4.6 beta, just released. Download from http://www.tildeslash.com/monit/dist/beta/ and tell us how it works out :)

On 20. sep. 2005, at 18.52, Andreas Oesterer wrote:

I'm dealing with busy HTTP servers that might not always reply. I want to only receive an email if the test failed multiple times in a row. According to the ducumentation this syntax "should" work:

check host xxx with address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
  if failed port 80 for 3 times within 3 cycles then alert

However I only get the following error:

/etc/monitrc:21: Error: syntax error '3'

What I'm I doing wrong?

Thanks, Andreas