Re: Custom protocol testing with UDP

From: Christian Hopp
Subject: Re: Custom protocol testing with UDP
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 12:04:34 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005, "Einar S. Idsø" wrote:

Hi!

I recently tried to make a custom protocol testing of a UDP port using
the send/receive construct, but it kept failing with the following
logged error:

GENERIC: receiving unexpected data [\]

This error message means that the received string "\" and your pattern do not match. That also mean that you have received some thing. What kind of protocol are you trying to match? Is there really a "\" in it?

Even with receive set to ".*" it failed, and that's when I went to the
manual for help...

Well this should always match. (:

Are you sure that your monit is compiled with regex support? What OS are you using with it? Maybe a problem of the regex-lib?

Christian

--
Christian Hopp                                email: address@hidden
Institut für Elektrische Informationstechnik             fon: +49-5323-72-2113