Custom protocol testing with UDP

From: Einar S. Idsø
Subject: Custom protocol testing with UDP
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 18:05:50 +0200

I recently tried to make a custom protocol testing of a UDP port using
the send/receive construct, but it kept failing with the following
logged error:

GENERIC: receiving unexpected data [\]

Even with receive set to ".*" it failed, and that's when I went to the
manual for help...

The manual indicates that UDP ports can not be queried with custom
protocols. I was hoping that maybe this can be fixed, since it would
really help me out with monitoring a bunch of servers. Any chance of me
being happy? :)

Cheers,
Einar

--
PhD student                Dept. of Engineering Cybernetics
Phone: +47 (735)90243      NTNU