Re: problem with kvm on virtual server

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: problem with kvm on virtual server
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 23:06:14 +0200

Mike Jackson wrote:
This is related to the virtual server environment permissions - freebsd's kvm_open call failed.

I will look on it (monit should not stop given this condition) ... possible workaround could be to not use process checks in restricted virtual server environment (--without-resource configure option).

I figured it was something with having restricted access to the kernel (it sure is a pain sometimes being responsible for machines I can't really be responsible for). Using that configure flag did the trick; I should've seen that in the --help output. Thanks a bunch!

... it was fixed in cvs (monit will disable process resource monitoring when kvm failed at runtime => it will not stop anymore (similar behavior like in '--without-resource' workaround).