Re: problem with kvm on virtual server

From: Mike Jackson
Subject: Re: problem with kvm on virtual server
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 08:21:11 -0700

This is related to the virtual server environment permissions - freebsd's kvm_open call failed.

I will look on it (monit should not stop given this condition) ... possible workaround could be to not use process checks in restricted virtual server environment (--without-resource configure option).

I figured it was something with having restricted access to the kernel (it sure is a pain sometimes being responsible for machines I can't really be responsible for). Using that configure flag did the trick; I should've seen that in the --help output. Thanks a bunch!