Re: Application fails to start.

From: jbelant
Subject: Re: Application fails to start.
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 08:41:08 -0600

Jan-Henrik Haukeland wrote:

You said before that monit was able to start the server but not stop it. Is this still the problem? If so, what would be real useful is a trace listing from when you issue a 'monit stop cA3Server' from the console. See the FAQ for how to debug with trace. NB. do not send the trace listing to this mailinglist since it could be large, instead send it to address@hidden Also notice that monit set a very spartan environment and PATH, this may be a problem for the cA3Server.

Monit can stop the application, but can't start it.

I checked the PATH, and don't think it will cause a problem. I've sent the strace output to the above address.

Is the cA3Server a program we can download somewhere and test ourself?

Not at this time. I'll have to check.

Jim