Re: Monit Can't Stop Apache

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: Monit Can't Stop Apache
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 17:54:27 +0100

On Mar 1, 2005, at 3:54, Chris Lopeman wrote:

Based on what you said above, I really think you are missing the point. The kill -9 is not something I would normally do. It was not meant to be a clean way of exiting apache. It is a simulation of something going wrong. Just the type of thing that Monit is there to handle.

Testing apache and monit the way you do is absolutely okay and fine. You found a relevant problem and we only suggested ways to deal with the problem. Once you implement a solution (e.g. by adding code to kill any stray apache children in the startup script) monit should work just fine for you.

--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland
mobile +47 97141255