Re: monit summary forgotten?

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: monit summary forgotten?
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 20:54:57 +0100

It is on the roadmap, with low priority in my book. The reason is, that it is possible to process the long output as needed - for example using awk (already submited to the list):

monit status 2>/dev/null| awk '/\x27/ {print; getline; print}'

(searches for single quote which preceded the service name, prints the actual and next line which contains service status)

... example output:

--8<--
System 'unicorn'
  load average                      [0.05] [0.05] [0.01]
Process 'slapd'
  status                            Execution failed
Process 'mysql'
  status                            running
File 'slapd_rc'
  status                            initializing
File 'slapd_bin'
  status                            initializing
Device 'rootfs'
  status                            accessible
Device 'vfatfs'
  status                            Data access error
File 'testfile'
  status                            accessible
Directory 'bin'
  status                            accessible
Remote Host 'iol'
  status                            online with all services
--8<--

This is just simple example - you can abbreviate the info using your favorite way (perl, awk, etc.) and obtain the info you need.

Martin

Chris Lopeman wrote:
I second this. Actually I already did. A while ago I suggested a command line option added to get the short version. But either way.

Thanks,

Chris

John Barton wrote:

Some time ago, when "monit status" was changed to show all available information for each process, I suggested that "monit summary" be added so that admins can still get a quick overview of what is and isnt running. This hasnt been included in any recent changes, and I dont see it on the roadmap on the website. Is this still something that is in the works?

(See http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/monit-general/2004-08/msg00027.html for the complete discussion on this)

Regards,
-John