RE: Configuring monit to call an external program (EXEC) as well as r e

From: Tom O'Brien
Subject: RE: Configuring monit to call an external program (EXEC) as well as r estart etc
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 10:46:49 -0500

Hi all:
Still battling this issue. My latest problem is that I assumed that I could write a construct like:

    if 10 restarts within 10 cycles then exec "...some command..."

However, when I try this, and check syntax (with -t option of monit), it complains about exec.

Is it true that only a "timeout" action is allowed in this construct?

If so, again I'd like to vote to "regularize" the monit control file language, so that any and every event can be overridden to behave the way the config file writer would like.

IE:    all events (including cycle checking, and exists/non-exists) support the following syntax:

        if [failed] <event> then <action>
        else if recovered then <action>

Ideally <action> would be either a single action, or a string of actions.

thanks again for a very helpful product!
Tom.