Re: Release date for 4.4 ?

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: Release date for 4.4 ?
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 20:28:02 +0200

Jan-Henrik Haukeland wrote:
On Sep 16, 2004, at 14:19, Anders Bolinder wrote:

I am about to upgrade from 4.1.
As I need the XML output from 4.4-beta5, it would be valuable to know when 4.4 final will hit the streets.

Martin has control of the 4.4 series and I'll let him answer that. But in general a release is ready when it's ready. This usually means that there is no known bugs. You can help out and download and test the 4.4 beta and report your findings :)

--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland

I think we shall before 4.4 final release (if other developers will agree ;) add few features:

- make system monitoring (load average, cpu and memory usage) as new monit service type (i.e. like present device, process, file, directory, ...). This will allow to add rules, use dependencies and our event engine (do action in the case of error condition - for example send alert, stop/start process, etc.) It will also simplify the data view (i.e. XML output will be change/consolidated). This is in progress, however i'm busy this week - maybe during next week will be the patch proposal ready.

- add 'monit summary' command to present short service state overview

- possibly add 'monit status {<service>|all}' command to allow service specific complete status display (in addition to present 'all' service status)

--

- current cvs version doesn't not show cpu wait% column for systems which doesn't support it (beta5 show permanent 0 on such systems)

From my point of view, final 4.4 could be ready in ca. one moth (it depends on all developers opinion of course :)