mysql connection errors bug?

From: pedro
Subject: mysql connection errors bug?
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 17:06:49 +0200 (CEST)

I'm using monit to check a few services, among them it's mysql. This is
the configuration for mysql:
-----------------------
check process mysql with pidfile /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid
   start program = "/etc/init.d/mysqld start"
   stop program = "/etc/init.d/mysqld stop"
   if failed port 3306 then restart
   if 5 restarts within 5 cycles then timeout
-----------------------

The problem with this configuration is that when monit checks the
connection I guess it doesn't do it properly and mysql raises a connection
error. When the max_connect_errors (the default is 10) is reached, mysql
refuses further connections from the host. I've commented out the line "if
failed port 3306 then restart" to prevent mysql from rejecting connections
and it now works as expected.

I've searched the archives but haven't found anything on the subject. Am I
doing something wrong? The configuration has been taken from the examples
in monit's documentation.

Thanks for a great software,

Pedro Bezunartea.