Listening problem

From: Vlada Macek
Subject: Listening problem
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 20:22:08 +0200

Hi,

several hours ago I used the monit web interface to start a service. I
clicked the button and browser was waiting for response. It lasted too
long (apcupsd was not connected to the UPS and stalled), I lost patience
and hit the Stop button. And since that moment the strange thing is
hapening. Even if I kill the monit daemon, wait for several hours and
then restart, monit is unable to bind its http port for listening.
Strace shows this:

bind(7, {sin_family=AF_INET, sin_port=htons(81),
sin_addr=inet_addr("#.#.#.#")}}, 16)
    = -1 EADDRNOTAVAIL (Cannot assign requested address)

Until this moment, all worked ok. Does anyone have a clue? Server is
Linux x86 and for several reasons I'd like to manage this without reboot
(which would correct this, I hope).

Thanks,

Vlada