monitor remote service,and mail queue

From: Lucas Albers
Subject: monitor remote service,and mail queue
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 17:29:01 -0600 (MDT)

I have a mail relay that forwards mail to an internal mail server.
I want to be notified if the external mail server becomes really slow.
What is the correct way to monitor this in monit?

I'm aware of the syntax for monitoring a port.

Can you monitor a port as part of a service group, and not have it monitor
a process?

Related question, lets' say I want to notifed if the mail queue goes above
a certain number of messages, indicating some delay on an internal mail
server or similar.
What is the best way to monitor this via monit?

--
Luke Computer Science System Administrator
Security Administrator,College of Engineering