[Announce] monit 4.1-beta2

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: [Announce] monit 4.1-beta2
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 20:27:25 +0200

The monit 4.1-beta2 is available from:

                http://www.tildeslash.com/monit/beta/

This is a stable beta, and we ask that as many as possible will help
us in testing this beta. We have tested this release on Linux and
Solaris.

There are important changes, both bugfixes and new features. Please
see the extract from the change log just below. We have tried to
implement, if not all, most of the requests raised on this mailing
list.

To get a quick overview of some of the new features in this release,
please check out the on-line presentation at (included in the software
package):

          http://www.tildeslash.com/monit/beta/presentation/

You can also view the updated presentation with a flash enabled
Browser from this URL:

            http://www.tildeslash.com/monit/beta/monit.swf

And you can browse through the updated manual here (included):

           http://www.tildeslash.com/monit/beta/monit.html

Changes in this beta from previous beta releases (most recently
changes first):

v2:
*  Changed the check host test so if an icmp ping test is defined,
   this if-test will run first and if the ping test should fail we
   assume that the connection to the host is down and monit does not
   continue to test any port connections.