feature request

From: John Barton
Subject: feature request
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 12:46:25 -0500 (CDT)

I have a small feature request. I am currently running monit on a wide
variety of servers for an ISP. I would like to give technicians the
ability to view the monit server running on a machine to verify if a
service is running, but I do not want to allow them to start/stop/restart
services.

Does anyone have an idea on how to have a "read-only" account for the
monit daemon that can view but not change, and then specify admin
account(s) that can actually affect the services?

Thanks in advance, and thanks for the great software package!

-John