RE: Host connection test and alert/exec

From: Andreas Rust
Subject: RE: Host connection test and alert/exec
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 13:41:04 +0200

Hello,

the idea of resolving this is too good to be true ofcourse. :)

It appears that the term "within X cycles" is only available on
resource testing and service timeout. the [timeout] option on the
connection testing is for the time monit should keep trying to connect.
A very nice option aswell, I have to say :)

Unfortunately it doesn't work this way.
Maybe an idea to add this option to the parser here ?

l8r

Hi,

I am new too...but was wondering if something like the following works

if failed port 21 for 3 cycles  then exec
"/usr/X11R6/bin/xmessage -display :0 RedHat is down as usual!"

Here if the connection failure is for 3 consecutive cycles only then the
command is executed.
But as i said, i am not 100% sure, worth a try..

Thanks,

Srinath Maddali

    Andreas Rust     -   webnova GmbH
    address@hidden  -   www.webnova.de