[Announce] monit 4.0 released

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: [Announce] monit 4.0 released
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 16:59:46 +0200

The monit team is pleased to announce the release of monit 4.0.

Download from:  http://www.tildeslash.com/monit/dist/
Change log:     http://www.tildeslash.com/monit/dist/CHANGES.txt
Checksum:       f9d26b8393736b5dfad837bb13780786  monit-4.0.tar.gz

There are many, both big and important changes compared with the
latest 3.2 release. Please consult the change log for details. This
release is tested on Linux, Solaris and on FreeBSD and OpenBSD.

To get a quick overview of some of the features in this release,
please check out the online flash presentation at:

              http://www.tildeslash.com/monit/monit.swf

Some Notes

If you are using a previous monit release we really recommend that you
upgrade to this release. The release contains important bug fixes for
previous releases and many new features, such as the ability to
monitor files, directories, devices and even remote hosts. The long
sought after functionality to execute an arbitrary program upon an
error event is also implemented in this release.

Packaged distributions will be available later from:

        http://savannah.gnu.org/download/monit/monit.pkg/4.0/

Please visit our web pages for more information and documentation and
to hear sound clips of the monit working dog.

                   http://www.tildeslash.com/monit/

Finally, a big thanks to all who has contributed work and time to
create this release!