Re: Alerts on restart

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: Alerts on restart
Date: 11 Jun 2003 02:41:35 +0200

Nils Ohlmeier <address@hidden> writes:

> > >But i have a little questions:
> > >is it possible to send alert messages only if monit (re)started the
> > > program because it detected the failure of the program?

Unfortunately, at the moment this is not possible. If you have
requested monit to send you an alert mail upon (re)start, monit will
send such a mail whenever and however a process was (re)started.

I see your point and in the future we may make this configurable, that
is, monit does not send a mail if you from the command line or web
interface execute 'monit restart prog' and only send an alert if it
discover that a process is not running or an error occured. For now
I'm afraid you will have to live with this small nuisance, but feel
free to implement this feature and send us a patch :-)

--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland