Re: Feature request for config file checking?

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: Feature request for config file checking?
Date: 11 Jun 2003 03:01:51 +0200

"Mike Long" <address@hidden> writes:

> Jh>> No, this seems like a cool idea at least in my book and you're
> right about monit almost having this function already, that is, some
> minor extensions to the TIMESTAMP statement [1] should do the trick as
> in:
>
> Jh>>   if timestamp "/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf" was changed then
> restart
>
> Perhaps a reload (hup?) could be introduced for this so the opportunity
> to simply HUP it is introduced?

No can't do. The SIGHUP signal is already reserved for monit to reload
its control file. Besides a signal won't do since monit would not know
which configuration file it should reload :) But something like this
from the command line 'monit reload apache' should be possible, but
for now, lets see how the extension to the timestamp statement turns
out. Besides doing 'touch /local/apache/conf/httpd.conf' will easily
make monit reload httpd.conf when the timestamp stuff is implemented
in the next release.

--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland