Re: Featuritis;)

From: Leppo von Arenfels
Subject: Re: Featuritis;)
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 18:34:48 +0200

Am Dienstag, 15. Oktober 2002 20:25 schrieb Jan-Henrik Haukeland:
> Leppo von Arenfels <address@hidden> writes:
> > Would it be big pain to monit a user-mode linux?
>
> I'm not sure what you mean? please explain

http://user-mode-linux.sourceforge.net/

It becomes part of the linux 3.0 kernel.

With user mode linux you can run a virtual linux within your linux, f.e.
virtual hosts, jails, etc. A uml-system can be run by a process with UID!=0.
Definitely better than a change root.
I want to have some running by next week: a base system with sshd only plus
UMLs per each service (ntp/dns,http/s,smtp/imap). Distro: woody.

Greetings, Leppo.