RE: Behaviour change request.

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: RE: Behaviour change request.
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 00:10:14 +0200

> Im at home so and about to hit the sack so i dont bother to read the docs
> right away but could there be some kind of check/interval on how often to
> send the alarms if the alarm has been allready send from the same subject.

No such feature exist, mostly because monit tries to fix the problem itself.
One should also use the timeout statement for each entry so if monit fails to
fix a problem it times out after a couple of tries. That way you will not get
"spammed" with alert messages.

For monit to send X emails because a process has become a zombie is clearly
wrong and a bug. The correct behaviour should be that you get one alert and
then monit should not check the particular zombie process anymore. I'll see if
we can make up a patch for this, also with the possible http _runtime error
previously mentioned on this list (when we get more info from the users).

Jan-Henrik