program entry

From: Eduard San Anselmo
Subject: program entry
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2002 17:48:17 +0200

I have a problem with a program entry at the .monitrc file:
let's say DAY is a program that returns the name of the current day (original, eh?). How could I use monit to watch the right functioning of the program? (imagine the program is working fine if it returns something). The problem here is that DAY "only" starts, becuse it stops by itself (i.e. doesn't need anyone telling it to stop), and it doesn't create a pid file (the solution to this would be use a wrapper script, as I read at the FAQ).
So what am I supposed to do?
Thanks a lot.