Re: Re [to all]: good news :-)

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: Re [to all]: good news :-)
Date: 25 Jul 2002 15:52:50 +0200

Thomas Oppel <address@hidden> writes:

> I've addded Igor's mail to PACKAGES file on savannah.
> Some questions arose:
> 1) Shall we mirror all kind of packages on savannah?
> 2) Shall we add all spec files++ we receive into cvs?

I think that if we have RH, SuSE and Solaris it should be good
enough. But I like the PACKAGES file initative where other packages
and links to those are mentioned.

> 3) Shall I put the PACKAGES file into cvs?

Yes, please, put it in the monit top-level directory.

> In Igor's case the package is already part of a distribution
> [http://www.altlinux.ru], so I suggest not to mirror it, as we don't
> mirror the Debian package, yet.

Agreed. I'm not sure about the Debian package. It's maintained by a
Debian package maintainer (Fredrik Steen <address@hidden>) and this
pacakage will typically not be bleeding edge. Either we can copy the
latest package from debian or mention in the PACKAGES file where to
find the Debian package.

--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland